Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Recycling....Again

I know it's been forever since I blogged consistently.  It's something I always feel really guilty about.  I hate reading a blog and then having it just stop and leave me hanging.  Yet I have done that quite a bit lately.  For that I am sorry.

I've been bored and restless the last few months.  I can't seem to stick to one thing in life or in simming.  I got this crazy idea that I would do the Royal Kingdom Challenge.  I downloaded all the period clothing and items.  I set up the neighborhood.  I spent hours making sims and setting it all up.  Then I tried to play it.  I just couldn't get into it.  I felt nothing towards my sims.  They could have all died for all I cared.  So I created yet another new neighborhood and installed the Warrior Family that I got from Wen.  They were fun.  They got me wanting to play again.  Problem is I'm not good at playing without some sort of goals. 

So I was reading some blogs.  I haven't in a really long time.  I started reading Angelos Town from the beginning. In between the prosperity there was a Build A City Challenge (whose town name I am sad to say I can't recall right now).  I've tried that challenge before.  I had the same problem I always do.  I made all the sims...so they were all just alike.  I'm not good with variety.  So I soon lose interest. 

Which brings me back around to the point of this entry.  I have started a new Build A City Challenge using modified rules that I have snatched from here, there, yonder and about.  I started with a clean neighborhood.  The vacation townies will look familiar as I have not cleaned that up but otherwise no starting townies.  I did however download some sims to make into townies.  I would like to thank everyone who gives us their wonderful sims to torture...um, that is play around with.  Without ya'll, people like me would be playing in a world of serious, nice, neat sim freaks.

So I've used others creations to make custom townies.  In some cases I used their suggested names, aspirations, etc.  In others I made some changes.  But, the city and it's occupants are different and unique which is what I wanted.  I created the founder myself.  Stock elf which is my favorite.  I am planning on using Fellowship sims to add into the neighborhood as it grows.  I love the Fellowship Sims.  I have played some of them but not all so this is my chance to play with some of my favorites and some I haven't gotten my hands on before.

Now I'd like to say that I will be constantly blogging.  That I wouldn't fall behind and I wouldn't give up.  But I try not to lie to others.  Only myself.  I'm currently playing round three.  I play seasons not weeks.  I'm going to try to blog.  I've even got a plan to help me keep up my blogging.  I wish I owned a lap top but I don't.  So anyway....

If you are interested, stay tuned for the tale of New Hope, a Build a City Challenge City.

Thanks as always for reading my ramblings.

Tammy

No comments: