Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Avery 1.4


It seemed like no time at all before Angie gave birth to our second son. We named him Euan. I was sure to be present for the birth this time. I believe little Euan will look like his moma. She believes so too.


Before I know it, Egan was almost ready to start school. I had been working very hard increasing our family nest egg. I decided to splurge a little and buy a vacation cabin in the mountains. It's nothing fancy really.
(Egan Avery - Virgo with 10 neat, 8 outgoing, 5 active, 0 playful & 10 nice)


With the new school year just around the corner, Angie, Egan and I headed off to the mountains. Nanna Katy agreed to stay home with little Euan.


I think the family vacation to the mountains was a great experience for Egan. He was able to meet new people and explore a new culture. I want my son to have every experience to learn everything he can. Even silly little local dances.


But what Egan wanted most was to meet Bigfoot. Personally this was the least enjoyable part of the trip. Behold the power of fatherly love. This is just a little closer to a living legend than I ever wanted to be.


Late one night, Egan had an upsetting experience. Well it was upsetting for me as well really.


You see my wife Angie was taken by aliens. She often stargazed with me at night. It was mainly for moral support. I told her that I had an alien half-brother but I don't guess she really believed me. I suppose she wrote it off as childhood imagination. This will teach her to listen to what I say.


When Angie returned from her unexpected trip, she wanted to stay close to the cabin. She was shaken and not feeling well. Egan didn't want to leave her side. Me, well I'll admit that I was a little jealous. It should have been me. I should have been the one to take that magical ride. I took my frustrations out on a lump of wood. Don't want to say something stupid and set the wife off. Not now with her hormones swinging again.


Yes I knew that Angie was probably carrying an alien child. I was jealous in more ways than one. Such a miraculous experience and I'm missing out. Still I was surprised how quickly the pregnancy progressed. Withing days, Angie appeared to be full term. This rate of growth isn't mentioned in my father's journal. Perhaps the aliens have had a few scientific breakthroughs since his day.


After only a few days, Angie gave birth to an alien daughter. We named her Eden Avery. Although no Avery blood runs through her veins, she will always be an Avery. I will love her as my own child until the day that I die.



When it was time to head home, Angie and I hit the phones to make arrangements. We were both a bit worried. We left seven days ago with one child. What would customs say when we returned now with two. And one of them is green.

In the end, it all worked out ok. Poor little Eden was shipped back in the cargo section as though she was an exotic animal. Ok it sounds cruel but it was the only way. All that maters is little Eden arrived home safe and sound. Now Nanna Katy has two infants to care for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Angie right after her abduction. Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Wow this looks great. Looking forward to reading more.

Unknown said...

I didn't read your first attempt, but I'm enjoying this one!