Monday, May 19, 2008

Avery 1.5

After returning from our family vacation, Egan began attending public school. He is such a smart child. He's not even out of elementary school yet and already he has learned everything you can out of books. I told Angie he would be a child prodigy. And no, I'm not pushing him. Now I'll begin to share my knowledge of growing fruits and vegetables. As the heir, he will definitely need to know these things.



The K9 breeding experiment continues as Generation Two becomes an adult.

I quickly acquired a mate for Generation Two. An Airedale Terrier. She is appropriately named Mother Two. Hey, we Avery's are a practical scientific minded lot. If you want imagination you're visiting the wrong legacy.

With spring comes the growth. For our family that meant a house full of toddlers. First to grow up was Euan.

(Euan Avery - Pisces with 10 neat, 9 outgoing, 5 active, 0 playful & 10 nice)


Followed closely behind was Eden.

(Eden Avery - Libra with 10 neat, 10 outgoing, 2 active, 3 playful & 10 nice. Yes that's right. Three children in generation 2 and they all have 10 neat and 10 nice.)



Unfortunately, not all news that spring was good. Nanna Katy learned that she had a terrible incurable disease. It struck swiftly with no warning. Before we knew what had happened, poor Nanna was gone.

We will always miss you Nanna Katy. Your presence will linger in our home and hearts long after your body has been laid to rest.

With Nanna gone, our family was in need of quality affordable child care. I had this crazy idea of building my family a robot to help care for the children. I was successful. At least to a point. I created Servus. For better or worse, Servus thinks he's alive. Some of his antics aren't anywhere close to what I had imagined when I created him. I'm just not sure but I think maybe an alternative plan may be required.

At least Euan is now attending elementary school. Eden won't be far behind. I will worry far less when the children are more self sufficient.

No comments: